Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I love bookmarks

What are you reading currently. I dont have an answer. I mean, I do, but I dont have ONE answer. Because I read a lot of books at a time. I take a really long time to read a book, irrespective of the number of pages. And , I like to read more than two books at a time, parallelly. I belive there is a virginity in books and I like to slowly enjoy these different virginities. I am a slow reader may be because I enjoy the pleasure of reading a book for the first time, and I would like to prolong it. I have met people who says they cant wait to know what happens next and keeps turning pages. I on the other hand likes to think more about the sentences and words written by the author, savoring every emotion the words might contain. In some cases, I went back to google some information the authors have briefed in their book, which inturn took me elsewhere. But I feel thrilled when I get back to a book, which I stopped reading for a while and continue reading from where I left. Obviously , I love bookmarks. This is one reason, I do not generally prefer to borrow books from library. They have a fixed return date, which means I have to finish reading by then (or by the maximum permitted extendable date). Many a time I wont finish reading by then. So I buy books. But sorry, I dont like to lend books to random people. I would however love to share my books with people like me, who I am sure will return the book (without their traces left on the pages). 

So what am I reading currently?

Immortals of Meluha (Yeah, I am a fossil)
Dont ask any old bloke for directions
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Thinking Fast and Slow

.. and I just finished reading The Lowland

No comments: